We ventured out this morning to take the girls to see Santa--- When we told Lexi what we were planning- she was not so thrilled. Our Santa was moved from the Frisco mall to the new outside mall in Allen. The setup is outside- it is beautiful and Santa was nice enough to bring two of his reindeer with him!
The weather was a little windy, but not cold. We stood in - what looked like a short line- for probably about 45 minutes. Lexi insisted that I hold her for the majority of the time- she was a little nervous. Gia went back and forth from ALL of us-- I think Lexi made her nervous.
When we finally had our turn- Lexi sat like a scared little bird- but did not cry and whispered 'thank you' under her breath when Santa gave her the coloring book. Gia- on the other hand-- cried and snotted! (& I think let out a little package)
Even though taking these girls to see Santa is pretty stressful- it is soooo worth it AND this Santa (which is the only Santa) is the best Santa in the world! He is so patient!
click to blow up and see the girls up close

4 comments:
All I can say it...ADORABLE!! right down to the sneakers. Makes me miss my little girls! Enjoy every moment because it goes by tooo fast!!
~~Missy
Why do you do it if they don't enjoy it? I know it makes a good picture, assuming they aren't in tears, but it just seems like a lot of stress. It took Chloe and Olivia a whil to warm up to the idea, so I think last year was the first real Santa-photograph experience (at a charity event, not the mall).
because torture is fun :-) & when lexi was finished sitting on his lap-- she was happy that she did it-- kinda like riding a rollercoaster.
OMG! They are gorgeous! Snot and all. That's a great-looking Santa, too. Love their outfits, especially the sneakers. It's good for children to experience all kinds of situations.
al
Post a Comment